Erinsborough was founded in 1894 as the suburbs of Melbourne grew. In 1920, Jack Ramsay, otherwise known as "Black Jack" Ramsay was the Mayor Of Erinsborough. The Ramsays and Robinsons were 2 well known families in the neighbourhood in its early years. In the 1960s many of the orchards surrounding Erinsborough were built on as the town grew. In 1963, a new street in Erinsborough was named after Jack Ramsay, Ramsay Street, just off North Avenue.
In 1985, The Lassiters Complex opened, owned by Jack Lassiter who ran a chain of hotels across the world. In March 1985, the Robinsons and Ramsays were the dominant family of Ramsay Street in Erinsborough.
- Jack Ramsay (c1890-c1960) - One time Mayor of Erinsborough, and of which Ramsay Street was named after.
- Max Ramsay (c1940-) - Grandson of the above, the uncouth plumber, who lived in Erinsborough until 1986.
- Jack Lassiter (1937-2013) - Founder of Lassiters Hotel.
This is a list of places in Erinsborough that are currently seen and used.
- Ramsay Street
- North Avenue
- Power Road
- High Street
- The Lassiters Complex
- Lassiters Hotel
- The Waterhole, Lassiters
- Rebecchi Law, Lassiters
- Harold's Store, Lassiters
- Erinsborough News, Lassiters
- Erinsborough Police Sub Station, Lassiters
- Eclipse Apartments, Lassiters
- Sonya's Nursery, High Street
- Erinsborough Hospital
- Fitzgerald Motors, Power Road
- Erinsborough High School
- Erinsborough Cemetery
- Grease Monkey's, Power Road
- Bric a brac shop, Power Road
- The Newsagents, Lassiters (unknown if still trading in 2014)